Welcome to the Woodlands Area Quilt Guild (www.WAQG.org). We are a 501c3 nonprofit organization. We are dedicated to the education on many levels about the art of quilting and serving the community through philanthropic projects.
Our monthly meetings, the first Wednesday of the month, have local and nationally recognized quilting experts as speakers. Workshops are held the following day by these renowned quilters.
We support a number of local charities to include
- Camp For All, Burton, TX, a camp for handicapped and terminal children
- Montgomery County Women’s Shelter
- Hospice, located in Shenandoah
- VA Hospital, Houston, TX
- Interfaith of The Woodlands, supporting families during the holidays
The best way to get to know others is to:
- Join a Bee, listed in our newsletter for dates and times
- Become a committee member, listed in the newsletter
- Help with our auction or quilt show
- Become part of leadership, becoming an officer
President, The Woodlands Area Quilt Guild